Hazelnut Pumpkin Cakes
- 1 box Vanilla Cake Mix
- 80ml Magical Oil or Magical Butter (follow your cake mix box instructions for specific amount)
- 3 Eggs (follow your cake mix box instructions for specific amount)
- 80ml Water
5g Orange Food Color Paste
- Mini Bundt Trays
- 120ml Heavy Cream
- 13 ounces White Chocolate Chips
1g Orange Food Color Paste
- 480ml Nutella
- 6 Cinnamon Sticks, cut in half
Preheat oven to 177°C. Grease and flour your mini Bundt cake pans. If you don’t have multiples you can bake in batches.
- Follow your cake mix box instructions to make the cake batter.
- Fold in 5ml of orange food coloring and mix.
- Divide the batter among the Bundt cake cups, filling them ¾ full.
- Place into the oven and bake until the tops bounce back when touched, about 12 to 15 minutes.
- Once done, let cool in the pan for 15 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack. Chill in the freezer for 20 minutes, or until firm.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the heavy cream and white chocolate chips and microwave on high for 1 minute, then remove and stir it for 2 minutes, then place back in the microwave for 1 more minute. Stir again to make sure there are no lumps.
- Measure out 120ml of the ganache and stir in 1ml of food coloring. Set aside. Leave the remaining ganache white.
- Once the cakes are firm, use a serrated knife to level each mini Bundt so the bottoms are flat.
- Place the cakes back into the pan for stability and use a teaspoon to dig out a .6 cm deep trench all around the center hole, leaving .6 cm of cake on both sides. Repeat for all cakes.
- Place the Nutella into a zip-seal bag and cut off a small corner. Pipe the spread into the trench to just below level with the cake.
- Place the orange ganache mixture into a zip-seal bag, snip off a corner, and pipe a thin line along the outer and inner rims of the cakes. Pair up the cakes, turning one upside down and placing it on top of the other, to glue together. Refrigerate for 15 minutes to set.
- Place the white ganache into a zip-seal bag and cut off a small corner. Pipe the ganache over the cakes, starting in the center and allowing the ganache to drip down the sides.
- Place a piece of cinnamon stick in the center of each cake to be the stem.